Drying oven is an industrial wonder. It is used to dry webs, nonwovens, fabrics, printed circuit boards, wires, papers after printing and several other products. The hot air drying oven includes dryers with fume oxidizers, through-air dryers and floatation dryers.
Types of drying oven
Drying oven has the following types with multifarious functions that serve all types of industrial purposes:
Floatation Dryers: These dryers produce heated air from both above and below the product, which imparts uniform heating to the product. This accelerates the drying process to a large extent. The drying also supports the web, which floats between the air nozzles without making any direct contact. This web is ideal for those products, which has coating on both sides.
Dryers with Fume Oxidizers: These are appropriate for products like drying solvent-based coatings, adhesives, inks, finishes and saturants. The dryers dry the coating as well as capture and destroy the evaporated VOCs. The VOCs actually serve as fuel for the dryers.
Through Air Dryers: These dryers remove moisture from the air-permeable products by emitting heated air through the product. This provides high heat transfer rates and makes the through-air method appropriate for drying products like nonwovens, fabrics and fibers.
Benefits of drying oven
The drying ovens have several benefits, which are as follows:
- The drying oven leads to uniform heating of webs, wires, fabrics, circuit boards and other products.
- Rapid product heating increases line speeds.
- There are automatic feedback temperature control systems.
- Products are protected on emergency line stops.
Precautions to be taken
You must be cautious while you are using a drying oven. It is an industrially hot oven and has quite a number of hazards. Following are the precautions you must follow:
- Start the oven early in the day so that you can be sure of the temperature while you are leaving it for the night.
- If the oven has elements in the bottom of the oven drying area then make sure that the items during drying do not fall of from the shelves directly onto the elements.
- Check the thermostat regularly to ensure that it has an accurate calibration.
- If there are number of samples to be dried, then begin early in the week so that nothing is left unattended during the weekend.
The drying oven is a very useful oven for the industries. But you must be careful and prevent all hazards. Regularly ensure that the equipment is properly maintained, so that when any fault occurs, you can easily repair it.